Parry Sound House
Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada
Originally built in 1970s, the renovation of this large semi-circle floor plan is located on a bare granite escarpment and radiates towards an elevated view of the beautiful Georgian Bay. The sprawling single story 3,000 sq ft plan frames views of the bay through an abundance of south facing windows and patio doors along the entire lakeside facade. A round reading nook centers the layout abutting a three sided internal fireplace creating a central focal point on the main floor.
The original fireplace was removed to allow for the installation of a three sided substitute with a concrete surround and backlit shelving to delineate the open concept kitchen, dining and living rooms while providing a warm glow to all parts of the main living quarters. The master bedroom and ensuite are appropriately located at the end of the bedroom wing for privacy.
- Program and Spatial Optimization
- Integration with the ‘Natural Assets’ of Site and Terrain
- Site Specific View and Vista Optimization
- Passive Solar Heat Gain
- Natural Daylighting
- Low Energy Lighting & Appliances (LED, CFL lighting and Energy Star appliances)
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and Non-toxic Materials and Finishes